Invest in Barahona
Here we leave the option to download a brochure with all the essentials to be instructed about the business and commercial establishments in the province of Barahona.
This is a file type *. PDF, download it by clicking "Download. "
It is a compressed file *. rar, in which the data are in PDF.
Click "Download. "
In the Dominican Republic banks are open on a regular schedule of 8:30AM to 4:00 PM, except some exceptions like commercial banks that have Express points in shopping malls and supermarkets in the main cities, like Santo Domingo and Santiago, which are open until 7:00 and 9:00 at night.
Dominican tax legislation is undergoing a period of reform in order to make the local market appropriate for the demands of a globalized world consisting of free trade agreements, large-scale export of high quality native products, not only of raw materials but also manufactured products, and the import of goods from countries with whom the Dominican Republic up to now did not have very close trade relations.
There are different types of visas issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, some of which follow:
- (DM) Diplomatic: 60 days validity, multiple entry.
- (CM) Courtesy: 1 year validity, multiple entry.
- (CM) Courtesy: 60 days validity, multiple entry.
- (CS) Courtesy: 60 days validity, single entry.
- (NS) Single Business: 60 days validity, single entry US$10.00
- (NM) Multiple Business: 1 year validity, multiple entry. US$15.00
- (DPM) Dependent: 60 days validity, multiple entry.
- (DPM) Dependent: 1 year validity, multiple entry.
- (TS) Tourist: 60 days validity, single entry. US$10.00
- (RS) Resident: 60 days validity, single entry, US$25.00
- (E) Student: 1 year validity, multiple entry. US$15.00
- (OM) Official: 1 year validity, multiple entry.
Barahona and its surrounding areas offer temporary accommodation in apart-hotels, bed and breakfasts and low cost hotels. If you plan to stay in Barahona for a longer time, either for business purposes or in temporary residence, you can contact a real estate agent to get you an apartment for one or more months, according to the length of time you plan to spend there.
The Dominican Republic has shown the highest growth indicators in the Caribbean Region over the last decades. The country has made a satisfactory transition from an economic system that was primarily agricultural and mining to a mixed system combining tourism and exports through industrial free zones.